Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Interesting items found
captain_jorge - 5/26/2016 12:35 PM
Category: General
Replies: 14

I was wondering what is the most interesting item found while diving. Some of us have dove for Meg teeth, or maybe found a relic from the civil war. Whats your item?
cbm369 - 5/26/2016 12:58 PM
New to scuba, so haven’t found much yet, but hoping to change that next month, heading to Venice, FL.

Ps...last year I did find a GoPro 3 while snorkeling in Hawaii.
Subscribed
captain_jorge - 5/26/2016 3:06 PM
Thanks Greg, I actually found that topic after I had posted mine. I am not talking about all the trash thats in the water but more like artifacts or fossils.Here is South Carolina you can get a hobby diver licence to be able to collect artifacts and fossils from state waters. The state requires you to report any find, the state will then release title to all find to the licensee.
Which brings me to another point about the trash. When diving do you try and bring something up to clean the water for the next diver. Yes we have lots of interesting items that can be found. If everyone brings up a small piece of trash it will definitely help.
tardmaster - 5/26/2016 4:05 PM
Weapons, a safe (torched it open......empty). meg teeth, 400 year old clay pipe.
Eric_R - 5/26/2016 4:28 PM
I found a 28ft ice boat from the early 1900’s that looked weird until I figured out what it was. 3-4 ft of viz makes figuring things out a little harder when you can’t see much of them at the same time. We made a relocation dive on it moved it to a part of the lake that’s accessible to others without a boat.
cbm369 - 5/26/2016 5:07 PM
Yep capt, got my hobby diver license last month. Hoping to put it to use this summer.
Subscribed
Resqdivemedic - 5/26/2016 5:24 PM
Found a mountain of bicycles in a river while doing a search for a local police dept. The bottom bikes were rusty, having been there a while, the top bikes were newer. Found out local kids would steal bikes then throw them off the bridge into the river.
Subscribed
Diver_Diva - 5/26/2016 7:51 PM
I found a bronze ship spike not too long ago.
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 5/26/2016 10:54 PM
Boat Anchors , Fishing lures, Eye wear, tokens and Coins and Gold !!!!!
Subscribed
ram04769 - 5/27/2016 12:27 AM
I’m still too new to diving to have found anything. But I am hoping to be able to change that in the coming future. More trips and vacations to include diving will be in the planning.
Subscribed
Resqdivemedic - 5/27/2016 5:55 AM
Once again, diving for a local police dept searching for a handgun in a quarry. I was at 60 ft deep in zero visibility feeling in the muck when I came across something which I thought was the gun. It was reportedly wrapped in a towel and tossed in. When I came up a bit to check out the object, I shined my light on it and much to my surprise there were two big white eyes staring at me. Scared the crap out of me. Once I regained my composure, I discovered it was a stuffed Garfield with a rock tied around it. I guess it was a sacrifice to the quarry gods.
divingbear - 5/28/2016 12:40 AM
Found a Nikon camera with housing in a wreck in North Carolina lost 4 months before, returned it to the owner. Still have the memories and the pix I took with it open recovery.