Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Buddy or dive tour wanted for Sep.26+28 Jacksonville
Ellehcim - 9/11/2015 1:29 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 1

Visiting Jacksonville/FL the last weekend of September (2015) and looking for buddies or dive tour opportunities. Arriving September 25 from Newark and going straight to Divers Supply to rent some 80 cft OC tanks.

So I’m in the market for local buddy/dive tours 2-3 dives/day off the Jacksonville coast - anything from 40-50 feet to 90-100 feet depth, reefs (natural/artificial) or wrecks.

I will off course be willing to share any reasonable costs associated with the dive (harbor fees, fuel costs etc.).

I can be contacted on Mmmdive@gmail.com

Look forward to hear from you :-)

Michelle/IANTD Hypoxic Trimix Diver / IANTD#161014
Subscribed
SkeeterMagnet - 9/21/2015 8:22 AM
Michelle,

I don’t know if your familiar with the local diving but in case you don’t get an offer from someone with their own boat I thought I’d let you know about the local charters. There are only two charters that I’m aware of in the Jax area, the Native Diver which can be booked through Atlantic Pro Divers in Jax Beach and Offshore Dive Charters which isn’t specifically affiliated with any shop.

piratediver.com/Jacksonville-Dive-Charter-Boat-s/61.htm
offshoredivecharters.com/

The reefs and wrecks are nothing special when compared to the rest of the state and some people will tell you that you would be better served driving a few hours south. However, the people that dive here regularly speak highly of the variety of fish species that you may encounter. Just keep in mind that the local boats cater mostly to spearfishing and lobster hunting, though neither is actually required.

I haven’t personally dove offshore Jax so I cant recommend one boat over the other. The Native Diver requires an AOW cert. which I don’t have yet. I would recommend giving one of the charters a call to see if they are going out this weekend.

Adam