Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Need Dive Buddy in Florida around July 12th
Will - 3/23/2008 3:12 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

I`ll be going to the Tampa area for a family reunion the weekend of July 12th and I`m interested in getting some diving in either before, after, during, or all three. I`m interested in ANY area of the state. If you live or will be in FL sometime around July 12th, let me know!
OcalaJim - 3/24/2008 11:08 AM
Get in touch with me a little closer to when you`ll be here. July is a bit too far in advance for me to commit right now, but, I`m always up for diving!
Subscribed
Will - 3/24/2008 11:21 AM
Excellent, thanks. I`m wandering around some Florida dive shop websites right now looking for places that do daily dive trips.... I found one in the Tampa area that does 2 tank trips every day...I`m looking at checking out a few different areas, and I`ve been told I HAVE to go to the keys. Any suggestions for what/where I should look at?
OcalaJim - 3/26/2008 12:23 PM
I guess the choice of where you go is up to what type of diving you`re interested in. In Central Florida where I live (Ocala - about 1 hour NW of Orlando) we have a lot of springs that we dive in. My personal favorite place in the whole state for saltwater diving would have to be Jupiter, Florida (Jupiter Dive Center). There are some places that I`ve dove near Tampa - Clearwater/Tarpon Springs that go into the Gulf. The sites are shallow (around 40 fsw) and close to shore. The viz is always much lower there than in the Atlantic.

Now, if you`re up for that long drive down to the Keys, check out the Captain Slate
dkramer - 3/30/2008 9:45 PM
If you’re interested in doing some shark’s tooth diving in Venice, give a shout. I’m always up for a dive,