Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

New Delta service to Bonaire
Will - 8/01/2008 12:26 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I just got the Bonaire newsletter and I guess Delta is going to start direct service to Bonaire from New York on December 20th. I’m just going to copy the meat of the message here:

BONAIRE ANNOUNCES DELTA AIR LINES TO ADD NON-STOP SERVICE BETWEEN NEW YORK AND BONAIRE DECEMBER 20, 2008
- Special Introductory Rate of $239 Each Way Now Available -

Tourism Corporation Bonaire is pleased to announce that beginning December 20, 2008 Delta Air Lines, the world’s second largest airline, will add a weekly non-stop flight from New York to/from Bonaire.

Delta Air Lines flight 553 will depart John F. Kennedy International Airport Saturdays at 10:35 a.m. arriving into Bonaire’s Flamingo International Airport at 4:25 p.m. The return flight 554 will depart Bonaire Saturdays at 5:15 p.m. arriving into New York JFK at 9:05 p.m. Delta will use a 154 seat, 737-800 Boeing aircraft with 16 first class seats and 138 economy seats for these flights.

To celebrate the new service, Delta is offering one-way special fares of $239 from New York to Bonaire (based on a round-trip purchase) for purchase by August 6, 2008 for travel between January 10 and April 4, 2009. Additional taxes/fees/restrictions apply. Fare is available for purchase only on http://www.delta.com/ or from a travel professional.
Nesher - 8/01/2008 4:49 PM
That’s good news! That should really help to open things up a little.
GenoMc - 8/01/2008 5:32 PM
Will Thanks a lot for this info!!! I will be checking Delta out as soon as i log off!! Thanks again!!
Subscribed
Will - 8/02/2008 5:50 AM
Just make sure you purchase by Aug 6th. I was reading more on it on a couple other boards and it sounds like Delta has a problem with their system. In order to get the flights with the special price you have to sort by schedule, not by price. And beware of the flight that has a stop-over in Atlanta! It’s not this direct deal.