Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Best Cayman Resort with Non-Diving Spouse?
John_giu - 3/03/2013 4:28 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 7

We are considering USVI or Cayman for vacation. We would like an all-inclusive. Looking for something better then a dive shack. Any opinions on a nice resort to satisfy a non-diving wife? Maybe something with pool games exercise or outings for her while I am blowing bubbles.
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/03/2013 7:19 PM
My favorites are Sunset House and Cobalt Coast but neither are a short walk to anything. I’m guessing she would enjoy something in Georgetown close to all of the shopping, and you thought scuba gear was expensive :)
Subscribed
Greg - 3/04/2013 8:52 AM
Sunset House is on DiveBuddy:

http://divebuddy.com/SunsetHouse
Subscribed
SunsetHouse - 3/04/2013 1:02 PM
Hi John,

While Latitude thinks that we are not a short walk from anything, in fact, we are only one mile from the heart of town, so it is an easy walk into town and you start hitting stores before that.

We are not an all inclusive, like a Sandals or Beaches. For that matter, you will not find that any where in the Cayman Islands.

If that is a deal breaker, than maybe you should look at Turks & Caicos. There is a Sandals there on Provo. We have some friends that have a great dive operation in Provo as well.

We would love to have you, but keeping everyone happy is what we like to focus on here at Sunset House, so good luck in your search and please let us know if we can be of any service.

Keith and Karin
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/05/2013 6:04 AM
"While Latitude thinks that we are not a short walk from anything, in fact, we are only one mile from the heart of town, so it is an easy walk into town and you start hitting stores before that.

We are not an all inclusive, like a Sandals or Beaches. For that matter, you will not find that any where in the Cayman Islands."

I think the fact that Sunset isn’t all inclusive is a plus, we always had breakfast there, sometimes lunch at My Bar and dinner a few times, always good food at a fair price. But for a change my dive buddy and I like to walk and went to Hammerheads in Georgetown a few times for really good fish sandwiches, compare to Hobo’s in Key Largo only with a view.

Past it another block is a bar I don’t remember the name of that feeds the Tarpon every night, these are the same Tarpon you’ll see at Cheeseburger reef. Since your wife doesn’t dive you can take here there so she will know you were not telling fish tales about their size!

If you like Italian you’ll need to take a cab over to Pappagallo’s, that’s deffinetly not a walk!
Subscribed
SunsetHouse - 3/05/2013 6:14 AM
If you like Italian, you should try Casanova’s in town!!! Not saying it is a walk, but definitely a lot closer than Papagallos!

We agree, we think not being an all inclusive is a plus for us, but what we took what John was saying was that is what he was looking for. We do have a lot of non diving spouses and friends come and stay here and there are a plethora of things to do on this island that we can make arrangements for. They just are not all right here on property.

You are thinking of the Wharf, where they feed the tarpon at night and you are 100% correct, these are the same on Cheeseburger Reef! Well done, Lat!

Any questions, John, please feel free to call us Toll Free from North America.. 800 854 4767

Keith and Karin
Subscribed
John_giu - 3/06/2013 6:34 AM
Keith and Karin,

Thanks for advise and Honesty! We are big fans of Sandals and have visited many of their resorts, including Beaches, but not Turks and Caicos. We are just considering other options in the Caribbean. Who wouldn’t include Cayman?

Thanks!

John
Subscribed
SunsetHouse - 3/06/2013 6:46 AM
Thanks John,

If you ever want to get away for a great dive vacation here in Grand Cayman, please look us up! We would look forward to having you. If you do decide to go to Providenciales, look up our friend Alan Jardine at Dive Provo and he will take great care of you!

Warm regards,

Keith