Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Princess cruise in april.....
Tommco - 2/25/2013 7:17 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Going to Roatan/Belize/Cozumel in april, anyone do the cruise dives....? My wife and I are wondering if we should take all our gear...just mask/snork/fins... or just hope there stuff fits....we booked late so also no ship excursions left, but I believe better deals bookiing on our own anyway....

tips, advice all comments welcome.....
Subscribed
Greg - 2/25/2013 7:48 PM
Yes, you’ll get a much better deal on your own. Try SeaRobinCozumel. Bring at least mask, fin, snorkel. They should have gear to rent. Or if you have room in your bags, just pack everything except weights and tank. Have fun! Don’t get stranded in the open ocean after a massive engine fire!
WarmWaterTurner - 2/26/2013 7:04 AM
Everything depends on when you dock at the various ports. Belize is probably out but Cozumel and Roatan should work. We used Coconut Tree in Roatan. They were great. Took a quick cab from the dock - about 20 minute ride and met the boat for the morning run. Check their website for more info. As far as Coz is concerned there are lots of operators that might work - again its all a matter of then you arrive. And as Greg said - tanke you own gear!
LatitudeAdjustment - 2/26/2013 10:11 AM
I would take my own gear, 3rd world rental gear has a bad safety and health record
stxfuneral - 2/26/2013 3:51 PM
I went on a princess cruis in January to the same destinations. Even though it said the excursions were booked, i still went to the counter and they had availability. I went diving with the dolphins in Roatan at St. Anthony Keys. It was the most wonderful experience I have ever had! The people were friendly and great, they did a video of the dive and didn’t rape you on the price ($45), they allowed cameras where in Cozumel they did not and still wanted to charge you $130 for a disk of pictures. I hope you have a good experience with Princess, we did not. Take your own gear, don’t trust anyone elses. The rental gear I did see didn’t look all too great, with the exception of the Dolphin Dive in Roatan. Their gear seemed pretty decent. Hope this helps!