Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Chris Dorner Caught On Surveillance Video Purchasing Scuba Gear (VIDEO)
Smithsgold - 2/12/2013 1:54 PM
Category: General
Replies: 6

Chris Dorner Caught On Surveillance Video Purchasing Scuba Gear (VIDEO)

http://www.huffi-+++-ngtonpost.com/2013/02/11/christopher-dorner-buys-scuba-gear_n_2665904.html?flv=1

Fugitive ex-cop Christopher Dorner is still on the loose, but a purchase he made two days before he went on his alleged murder spree may give some clues where authorities should look.

According to surveillance video obtained by TMZ, Dorner purchased scuba gear at a sporting goods store in Torrance, Calif., on Feb. 1.

The video shows Dorner carrying two small, yellow scuba tanks which, according to sources, he had filled with oxygen. Dorner then left the scuba section with the two tanks along with a third, black tank, LAObserved.com reported.
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 2/12/2013 2:03 PM
"The video shows Dorner carrying two small, yellow scuba tanks which, according to sources, he had filled with oxygen."

More great reporting !!!!
Subscribed
Greg - 2/12/2013 6:10 PM
Great, my past survey about bad man with scuba tanks is coming true.
Subscribed
Greg - 2/12/2013 6:15 PM
Looks like two small pony bottles and an AL 50. I wonder if he’s certified. And if not, who filled the tanks?
zielit - 2/13/2013 7:15 AM
Two small ones are SpareAir and you usually fill them off the regular tank not the fill station (although possible with additional adapter). Actually a great buy :) I don’t dive without it.
LatitudeAdjustment - 2/13/2013 7:55 AM
From Greg: Looks like two small pony bottles and an AL 50. I wonder if he’s certified. And if not, who filled the tanks?...
Even for fills or rentals he "should have" shown a c-card, for the shops sake I hope they were not rentals.