Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for experienced dive buddy for this weekend in Louisiana
pntballer - 1/17/2013 3:17 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 2

looking for an experienced dive buddy this weekend in central Louisiana I just got some new dive gear and im anxious to try it out Im new to diving so I would like someone to help me get better and knows what he/she is doing preferably someone near Fort Polk that knows a good spot nearby
Greg - 1/17/2013 3:35 PM
For such short notice, you should use the Member Search page to find members near where you want to dive and send them a direct message.
Subscribed
gscottlane - 6/24/2013 8:37 AM
Not sure if I am what you are looking for in the area or experience. I live on Toledo Bend close to the HWY 8 Bridge and I have just recently started back into diving. I should have my advanced open water cert in about 2 weeks and have learned about a couple of places on the lake that I plan to dive soon.

There are supposedly 2 platforms at about 30 feet that are on the Texas side of the reservoir with "Clearer" water as well as Rock Island that supposedly has decent (for the area) viability.

I check in every couple of days and usually have plans for a couple of weekends out at any given time but if you are still in the area and feel comfortable with my experience, let me know.