Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Which is the best dive site you have dived and why?
mo - 8/25/2009 11:06 AM
Category: General
Replies: 9

Which is the best dive site you have dived and why? With so many divebuddy members worldwide maybe we could have a top ten list of dive sites from around the world, please only include sites that are suitable for recreational dives, not deep technical dives, for me my number one is the Zenobia wreck http://www.divebuddy.com/divesite.aspx?DiveSiteID=1302&From=Search
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/25/2009 3:32 PM

My all time favorite has to be Landslide at Wolf Island in the Galapagos. Get negative, check the spot for scorpionfish and eels, wedge yourself between two rocks and watch the parade as hundreds of hammerheads, Galapagos sharks, Silkies, formations of Eaglerays, dolphins and other stuff swim by. We dove this same spot three and four times a day for days and never tired of it.

After one dive we surfaced to be told to keep our mask, fins and snorkel on. Those who didn’t pack a snorkel probably do now. The Panga driver dropped us in front of a humpback whale with her calf, riding her bow wave were a pod of dolphins, we were being buzzed by sealions and diving birds and yes we got it on video including the calf breaching right in front of one of the divers!
BgDmbRngr - 8/26/2009 12:09 AM
The best dive I have ever done was the RMS Rhone down in the Virgin Islands. water was around 200 foor vis and swimming through the wrecks hull and seeing turtles eating and all the fish life was amazing. The guide even said the vis wasn’t great because of an algae bloom too. It is a must do dive if you are down there.
malibu - 8/26/2009 11:33 AM
I have to say that Al Nakeel Beach, in Jeddah Saudi Arabia (Red Sea) is, for me, the most beautiful and peaceful. The wall with all the sea life and all those beautiful fish.... Breath taking. This is not like Egypt, it is overdived as I have been told. This still has the natural and untouched beauty that has not been disturbed by man.
SKEETER - 9/05/2009 8:07 AM

I was diving in the keys. Doing this reef that had all kinds of swimm throws and as I exited this reef there was a Manta Ray, 12 feet or more I was over it and it was swimming all arond me. As the groug started tords us. He desided to go.

The best dive weekend but I injoy most all of them.
scubaclay - 9/05/2009 1:12 PM

RedSeaDiver, every dive is my favorite, but if I had to choose one it would be,

Night dive in Grand Cayman, in the Harbor on a wreck with a full moon. This was the first dive I could get Roxanne to penetrate a wreck. We had so much fun with a small octopus that it turned red and swam away. If you rolled over you would think you could touch the moon from 80 feet. Absolutely beautiful.

Clay
pchurch - 9/09/2009 6:33 PM
The wreck of the Olive Branch. This is a late 1800s two-masted wooden schooner resting in 95 feet in a remote area of northern Lake Ontario. There’s not a lot of diving pressure on her because of the remote location, so she remains intact. There are many perfectly preserved artifacts, which divers respect and leave there - even a crewman’s leather boot on the deck. This site is preserved and respected by the few charters that run divers out there. Pristine and historic.