1. Admit to having a huge love of scuba diving and being underwater.
2. Believe that the Power of the ocean will restore your sanity.
3. Make the decision to turn your life over to the care of the ocean.
4. Make a searching and fearless inventory of all your scuba gear.
5. Admit to yourself and another dive buddy that there are diving skills you want to improve.
6. Be entirely read to streamline your gear and improve your buoyancy.
7. Humbly ask your dive buddy to review your shortcomings and provide spare air if required.
8. Make a list of all persons you can dive with and be willing to dive with them often.
9. Make amends with old dive buddies wherever possible, except when to do so would upset your spouse.
10. Continue to maintain your scuba gear inventory and buy cool new gear as often as you can.
11. Seek through preparation and scuba diving to improve your consciousness.
12. Having experienced the underwater world as a result of these steps, carry this message to non-divers, and practice these principles at least monthly or as much as you wallet will allow.