Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bahama’s
herefishyfishyfishy - 5/21/2009 5:26 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

HI, I am looking to for a great place to stay in the Bahama’s in the month of October. I am on a budget so I am looking for a good deal... Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks, Jessica
geiser77 - 5/22/2009 9:02 AM
Where are you going in the Bahamas, or where would you like to go, and what is your daily budget you would like to stay within?
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/22/2009 7:30 PM
For someone on a budget Blackbeards cruise is hard to beat, a lot of dives for the buck but be forewarned that this is camping at sea. For more privacy and more room to move around Nekton’s cruise out of FLL will take you to a few islands starting with Bimini. Both will give you a nice sampling of islands and the diving can vary between islands in the Bahamas, everything from patch reefs to walls to blue holes.
Subscribed
herefishyfishyfishy - 5/22/2009 8:38 PM

I would like to go to either Nassau or Freeport. I am not to picky, would like to do 4 days of diving and 2 non-diving beach days.

I would like to keep the cost of place to stay, eating and diving to under $2,000 for 2 people for a weeks vacation. Is this possible? I have been searching for All Inclusives, but I want to stay away from Breezes.

kalidescoperain - 5/23/2009 2:14 AM
You might be able to get a discount by booking through Stewart’s Cove, they are doing a promo with a couple big hotels in Nassau.