Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Where to go???
herefishyfishyfishy - 4/05/2009 6:37 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

I am looking to take a dive vacation the last week of October of 2009. I am up in the air about which would be the better choice, Puerto Rico (maybe stay at the Club Calade Palmas in Humacao) or St. Thomas. I know nothing about either ... is October a good time to go, where to stay, what the best dive sites are or what to do on land for the non-divers that may be tagging along. If you have been to either place, let me know the good must do and the stay away from bad stuff. Thanks, Jessica
Triggerfish - 4/06/2009 4:44 PM

You know thats still hurricane season but we are going to St. Maartin in the middle of Oct!
LONGTAILBDA - 4/11/2009 3:05 AM
I haven’t dived PR yet; however every Oct. we do the Virgin Islands. Oct. is a great time to go. It is in hurricane season; however, in 20+ years we have had 1 hurricane (Omar in 2008). It is much less crowded and depending on which of the islands you go to some of the shops and restaurants are shut down or have restricted hours.
I’ll be honest with you my least favorite island to stay on is St. Thomas, it’s to crowded and very touristy. even during the slow season. It does have great shopping and it’s location gives the ability to explore both there and by way of the ferry both the BVI’’s and St John.
 Good luck with the trip,
Scott