Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Deep Certification
diverjay - 4/20/2009 7:47 AM
Category: Training
Replies: 0

I got my deep diver certification this weekend at Mansfield Dam Recreational Park in Austin, Tx. There was supposed to be about seven divers in the class, but as it turns out it was only two instructors, one of the instructors wives, and myself. All of these people I dive with often. I really thought it was great getting certified by people I am always with. Not only did I get the one on one attention of my instructor/dive buddies, I know that when it is just us they push me harder and expect more out of me due to the fact that I do dive with them a lot. They are not only great people but great instructors as well. This was a great class and it really increased my knowledge of diving. My next step is to take the rescue course in late summer or early fall, then on to my divemaster. I look forward to learning all I can. I feel that the more I learn the safer I am and everyone around me will be. Dive safe!

Jay