Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Oahu, HI in July
Caliscubagirl - 6/11/2007 11:32 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 6

Hi Everyone...I`ll be in Oahu around mid-July (haven`t booked the flight yet)...any suggetions for dive boats/centers or beach dives? Thanks!! Michelle
okmister1 - 6/13/2007 12:43 AM
Dive Oahu has a good deal on a 5 day package. $385 for five days and anytime the boat goes out you can pretty much be on it. I did 3 or 4 a day a couple of weeks ago. They work out of Fishermans Wharf in Waikiki. Ocean Concepts out of Wainai (not sure about the spelling) does some interesting sites for $100 for two tanks on their boat. Very different cultures at the two shops. Ocean Concepts, pure professional relationship. Dive Oahu treats you like family. Depends on what you`re looking for. I`m planning a review of the two as a blog but I haven`t finished proofing it yet.
GypsyDiver - 6/13/2007 7:43 AM
I just got back from a month in Hawaii. Dive Oahu is a good bunch but they dive the same three wrecks and rotate through six different reefs. http://www.reservation.diveoahu.com/ give Kai a call in the shop. She will answer all of you questions. Aaron`s Dive Shop will go anywhere you want and in some cases will pick you up from your hotel if you are staying in Waikiki.http://www.hawaii-scuba.com/ If you ask for Mark or Darren, they are a couple of great guys and they will try to get you to get certified in anything you are not currently certified in. I checked out island divers. They sounded good but I didn`t get a chance to dive with them. I plan on doinga couple of dives with them on my next trip.http://www.oahuscubadiving.com/ Check out all of their websites. there is great snorkeling all over the island. I recommend Hanauma Bay. The North Shore has some great beaches. I did snorkel Honu, Sunset, and Sharks Cove. All great if you want to swim with the turtles.
Subscribed
Caliscubagirl - 6/13/2007 7:14 PM
Thanks for your response! :-) Since I`m a fairly new diver and I won`t have a dive buddy I wanted to do some research in advance. I`ll check out the websites (thanks for provide the links) :-) I`ve been to Hawaii several times (my parents were born there) but never have dived there...just snorkeled. Thanks again!
Scubagirl78734 - 6/16/2007 5:22 AM
Hi, I`m in Oahu now, dove with Aqua Sports today. Not bad, very friendly, experienced, helpful staff. Lisa
Laura - 6/22/2007 11:02 PM
My kids and I dove with Aaron`s Dive Shop last week and I will put in another good word for Mark. We saw a couple of pods of dolphins in addition to the turtles et al.
psjanssen - 7/02/2007 1:04 PM
I live on O`ahu myself. And the deal with Dive Oahu is a good deal. But once you`ve seen all the wrecks off of Waikiki they do get a bit old. Island Divers does dive in more areas of the island. There`s some excellent diving on the leeward side of the island check out Capt Bruce`s he has the most comfortable boat on the island warm water showers and dives more places than Dive Oahu. He`s a bit more, and it`s about a 45 min drive from Waikiki (they do have a shuttle). But it`s worth it. Of course if you`d like to do some shore diving I have a loosly formed group of people that shore dives every weekend. If you`d like to dive with us send me an email through this site. I will be off island from July 23-29. But outside of that time I`d be open for some diving. Scott