Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

diveyak
nizutz - 5/10/2007 3:33 PM
Category: General
Replies: 4

Has anyone ever dove off of a diveyak? They look like alot of fun and I am thinking about getting one. Any info would be great. Thanks
DalelynnSims - 5/12/2007 5:34 PM
If you have not already see the classifieds here, there is one for sale there at a good price.

Best Fishes!! [
sk290 - 5/12/2007 10:03 PM
Hello there! I`ve just got my PADI certification a couple of weeks ago and it`s been such a blast. I also have a kayak which is a combination diver`s/angler`s kayak. It`s a Wilderness Systems. It has a compartment in the back for two tanks. Really cool! Check it out. I`ve also been thinking about diving off it and would also love some information if anyone has some. Hope to hear back from you soon.
Subscribed
nizutz - 5/18/2007 3:53 PM
Yes I have seen the diveyak for sale on here however I am looking at the newer version the xk2020. I am curious as to how they perform. I know that the ocean kayaks can be a little more $$$$. The diveyak isnt a hardshell although it is set up nicely. Im interested in the fact that it has an opening in the bottom that you can drop right through and not have to climb over the side.
Brian_V - 11/14/2007 1:16 PM
...I`ve done a few dives off a kayak, in fact, it was for a PADI Kayak Diver distinctive specialty certification. I dove off an Ocean Kayak (Scrambler XT) & my buddy off a Diveyak (inflatable kayak). The Diveyak is a little more stable, but since it has a completely FLAT bottom, it`s slower & harder to paddle! There`s alot of drag due to that flat bottom and it doesn`t cut cleanly thru the water, so my buddy got much more of a workout than I did!