Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Need consistant buddy
tricia3909 - 8/16/2008 2:37 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 7

Need local buddy to do some diving. Staying out of the water is driving me carazy and need to have someone to dive with atleast once a week... weekdays or weekends. Newly certed and have 14 dives in thus far.. would like to gain a whole lot more this year. Will drive some if needed to (like an hour away). Currently in Flint Mi.

Anyone interested in helping me feed my addiction? lol
divemaiden - 8/16/2008 5:11 PM

Trish, I wish we lived closer. I want to dive at least once a week until it gets too cold too. Unfortunately, I live way east in New England. Connecticut to be exact. I hope you find someone.

Have you tried searching online for dive clubs in your area, or checked with your local scuba shop to see if they know of any, or could hook you up with a diving partner? That’s where I found people to dive with.
Subscribed
tricia3909 - 8/17/2008 6:11 AM
Working on it... Eventually something will work out. The sooner the better as far as I am concerned. :>
scubaclay - 8/17/2008 4:14 PM
If you liven near me I would like to dive with you. I guess NJ is just a bit to far to commute for a dive.
MichScubaMike - 8/19/2008 9:37 AM
Did you find anything out about diving Otter Lake? I am looking for info on Stoney Lake in Oxford. I know some dive shops use that lake for training. If you have a local spot you want to dive and need a buddy, let me know!
Subscribed
tricia3909 - 8/19/2008 3:25 PM
Yeah dove otter lake a few weeks back. There is some info avail. A small boat sunk not too far out. Viz not great, but doable. Very cold at thermo. Can jump off dock or shore entry near boat ramp. Overall though I had a good time diving there... Just got to be prepared for the cold!

Other than that there is Lake Fenton... believe entry near the community center.

Both locations require a diver flag on surface.

Going out to Spring Mill pond tomrrow night with the some members of the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew (scuba board). From what I understand it is not very deep, but a good spot during the week to dive. Will have more info once I get there and dive it.

Otherwise any state park / lake area allows diving. Genesee county is not very friendly for divers and besides Lake Fenton there is not much else avail. here... butI am checking on some more sites within an hour of here to do some fairly local diving.

Did get offered someone pond not to dive in not too far from home but since it has not been dove before uncertian of the conditions there. Know it is not real deep as it is man made and on a private property... Other than that heard a rumor of a possible site in Millington.. Another Fairly large pond about the size of Gilboa Quarry.. My LDS is doing some checking on that for possibility of future dives for us locals.

Yeah sould love to dive with ya! Lemme know what else you may have found out.
Subscribed
tricia3909 - 8/19/2008 3:28 PM
From tricia3909:

Did get offered someone pond not to dive in not too far from home but since it has not been dove before uncertian of the conditions there. Know it is not real deep as it is man made and on a private property...

er lemme try that again! should have read:

Did get offered someones pond TO dive in....

lol so much for my proof reading skills!
johnaobrien@aol.lcom - 9/20/2008 5:13 PM
Trish,
I live in Davison however, I will be out of the area for at least 10 days. You can give me a call at 810-397-2794 and maybe we can work something out. I too have lost my dive buddy’s as they have retired and turned into salt water divers. I will be training for my job for about a month and a half and will be back some of those days if you would like to catch a dive. If you would like to go diving give me a call and we can work something out. I miss getting my fins wet as well. Be good and talk to you later.
Thanks,
John;O