Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Buddy Northeast Florida 4/18 and/or 4/19
DeepNick - 3/27/2021 11:07 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 7

Hi, I’m a new diver and will be going to FL on a solo vacation. I’ll be in the Jacksonville area for a few days in mid-April. Male or female, I don’t care as long as you don’t mind diving with a "newbie." Thanks!
Subscribed
DeepNick - 4/01/2021 1:23 AM
Hi Vince. I’m planning on somewhere around the Ponte Vedra/Jacksonville area but haven’t looked for an actual dive site yet; I will do that soon.

ScubaSass, the more the merrier!
Subscribed
Shobe - 4/01/2021 6:25 AM
Hi Nick and Kim. My neighbor and I are diving Alexander springs on April 15 in the morning and Ginnie. springs in the afternoon. She’s been diving a couple of times and is familiar with the setup. Seahunt in st. Augustine has tanks for rent.
Subscribed
Ryanvision - 4/01/2021 1:47 PM
Hey Nick,

My name is Ryan. I live outside Jacksonville and have been looking for someone to go on a trip to the springs with towards Gainesville, my top pick being Devil’s Den. I am also a beginner. The springs I find pretty accessible and great for entry-level as opposed to the more ambitious shore dives, where visibility/currents/etc cause concern. Considering your dates of availability, 4/18 might be a better fit. Let me know if you are interested here or direct message.

Vince and ScubaSass, I live locally, so if you are ever seeking an additional buddy, let me know!
Subscribed
Shobe - 4/01/2021 4:56 PM
Ok. If there is diving there in Jacksonville it must not be a spring.. I didn’t find anything. Let me know. Hi Ryan. if you want to join us on the 15 you are totally welcome. Also, we are doing a drift dive on the Rainbow river on the 24 th.
Subscribed
DeepNick - 4/03/2021 12:07 AM
There’s also The Blue Grotto which looks pretty cool, and is in the vicinity of Devil’s Den, so both could be done in the same day. Also, 9 mile reef, the Acosta Bridge rubble, and a few others are offshore 9-12 miles. I’d be down to dive Devil’s Den, but for me it’d have to be afternoon on 4/17, or anytime (not tooooo early) on the 18th or 19th.

I also don’t know why it’s not showing my picture smh