Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Central NY dive buddy for winter and spring
James1219 - 2/03/2019 2:01 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 10

Located in Alfred or Ithaca NY depending. Currently certified as a rescue diver and working on my divemaster. Looking for someone to do some local diving with.
Subscribed
JoeWR - 2/07/2019 10:19 PM
Hi, James,
Some of my buddies and I would like to do some late winter/spring diving and are looking for locations. We would be happy to drive to you. Please let me know if you’re interested and the body of water you have in mind.

Thanks,
Joe G.
Subscribed
James1219 - 2/07/2019 10:23 PM
Hello Joe,

For dive sites near me there’s Canandaigua lake, we could also go north to Rochester and the great lakes, or even further north to the St Laurence River for some wreck diving near Clayton NY. I’d also be willing to venture down to PA if there are any easy/good sites. I know there are a few good quarries down your way.

Cheers,
james
Subscribed
JoeWR - 2/08/2019 9:53 PM
Hi, James,
Those sites near you sound interesting. I’d like to check them out. As for quarries, Dutch Springs and Willow Springs are near me. Dutch opens April 6, and Willow is available by appointment over the winter. There are also lakes in state parks. Let me know your preferences and when you’re free to dive.

Thanks,
Joe G.
Subscribed
James1219 - 2/08/2019 9:55 PM
Joe,

Im pretty much free any weekend, I wouldn’t mind trying out my new drysuit before it gets too much warmer. Feel free to message me for my phone number to more easily communicate!

Thanks,
James
Subscribed
mattout142 - 2/20/2019 11:29 PM
James im in the Horseheads/Elmira area. Which is not far from you. Id be interested in doing some diving this spring etc.
Subscribed
James1219 - 2/21/2019 8:38 AM
Matt, that sounds great! I actually drive through there fairly regularly, going back and forth from college.
Subscribed
JoeWR - 2/21/2019 10:53 AM
Hi, Matt! How ya been? I hope to come up there and dive with you guys this season.

Joe G.
Subscribed
mattout142 - 2/21/2019 11:28 AM
Hey Joe all good here you’ll definitely have to get up this way this season. I’ll plan on being down at Dutch too.

Matt
Subscribed
MDW - 3/24/2019 9:36 PM
Hi, James.
I live right by Dutch Springs, so I will be diving there most weekends starting from opening day, April 6. If you want to come down here to dive, just get in touch.
I am also planning several trips up to the St. Lawrence this year. My plan was to start that in June, but if you want to go earlier, I could be up for that.
I’d be interested to dive some of the sites you list near you, since I have never done any of those nor know anything about them. If you know how to get to them, where to enter, etc. I’d be game to try them out.
-Mark
Subscribed
James1219 - 3/25/2019 5:09 PM
Mark!

That sounds like a great plan. If everyone wants to message me with their numbers we can get a group together to plan some trips.

-James