Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Lake Norman Quarry for 26th or 27th
fletch944t - 8/25/2017 8:42 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 8

I know it’s incredibly late but, our dive trip to Wilmington got blown out for this weekend.

Looking for someone to dive with at Lake Norman Quarry. At this late date, I’m guessing late morning or afternoon tomorrow (Saturday the 26th) or any time on Sunday the 27th.

If you’re interested, let me know. I’ll check the forum first thing in the morning.
Subscribed
AquaholicsDiving - 8/26/2017 7:26 AM
I was at Norman quarry yesterday. My buddy and I are going to Blanch on Sunday the 27th. You are more than welcome to dive with us at Blanch.
Subscribed
fletch944t - 8/26/2017 7:54 AM
What time are you folks planning on getting to Blanche?
Subscribed
AquaholicsDiving - 8/26/2017 9:26 AM
Meeting at 8am at Blanche
Subscribed
fletch944t - 8/26/2017 9:43 AM
Gotcha. Have not yet been to Blanche. But, I’ve been looking for an excuse to dive there. I’m in.

I’ll be driving a light blue Chevy truck.

Clark Fletcher
Subscribed
AquaholicsDiving - 8/26/2017 9:54 AM
Sounds good. Expect cooler temps and poor vis. Lol

It’s all good, though. Not a bad place to dive.

Looking forward to meeting you.
Todd
Subscribed
fletch944t - 8/26/2017 1:30 PM
Yeah. I know it’s going to be chilly. I’m still waiting on an undergarment that’s on back order (two months). But, I’ve managed Lake Norman below the thermocline down to the low 60s with a hood and gloves (slightly hot natured). If I get too cold, I’ll just pack it in an leave you guys to it.

Hey, if it wasn’t poor visibility, I wouldn’t know how to act. Plus, I’m prepping for the Cooper River in September so, no complaints here.

See you tomorrow morning.
Subscribed
AquaholicsDiving - 8/26/2017 1:56 PM
We don’t like the cold either. We are usually all about doing some deep diving...until we hit the thermocline quickly change our minds. I like Salisbury because of the generally warmer temperatures, but we like to rotate between all 3. Norman is by far my favorite though. See ya in the am!
Subscribed
fletch944t - 8/26/2017 2:56 PM
Lake Norman is actually the closest for me. But, I’m really starting to like Salisbury myself because of the temperature. One of my co-workers dives almost exclusively at Salisbury and I’ve started diving with him more frequently.

Salisbury has warmed up nicely this summer. In fact, the last time we dove there, my dive buddy wore a bathing suit and was comfortable. Plus, we usually hit Hap’s Grill for a cheeseburger afterwards which is an added bonus.

Having not been to JMR yet, I can’t compare all three. But, I will say that what there’s a lot more to see at Lake Norman than Salisbury. And, not currently having a lot of exposure protection, I have spent little time in the deep end of the quarry (other than diving the perimeter around the north end). So, I still have a lot more to see there.

Look forward to diving JMR for the first time. See you in the AM.