Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for dive buddy near Phoenix, AZ
SpaceCowboy - 9/21/2016 10:20 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 1

Hi, I am looking for someone to dive with near Phoenix, Arizona. I usually go up to Lake Pleasant and do some shore dives and work on my skill sets. I usually try to go every weekend. I have my advanced open water with dry suit cert., but have only recently gotten back into the water after taking a break for a few years. I want to start tech training later on this year, so I would love to find someone who wants to build up their number of dives with me and work on various different skills.

If anyone is interested, please contact me!

A little info about me: I am a 28 year old male. I am an engineer working full time and going to school full time for my PhD. I started diving about 7-8 years ago, but took a break for a while. I have been diving again for the past couple of months and starting to become comfortable in the water again. I am a very safe diver and try to make sure that the other person is comfortable in the water. I want to start technical diving training, so I am actively working on my buoyancy and navigation skills to make sure I am up to par. I also do a lot of photography (nothing underwater yet) and love to travel.
Subscribed
plindstrom - 2/07/2017 2:29 PM
I am coming out for spring break and am looking for someone to dive with in AZ. My wife is sorting out the dates. I do not have a dry suit but dive in a 7 mil or double 5 mil wetsuit here in Chicagoland.
I have Haigh Quarry and Lake Michigan locally as cold water sites. Warm water locations I’ve been are; Key Largo Florida, Puerto Vallarta Mexico, and Grand Cayman.

I returned to diving after 35 year layoff. In fact, the equipment I learned on is considered antique today, too funny.

Anyway, I have all my own gear except tanks and weight, is there a place to rent and fill close to the local dive sites? Where else besides Pleasant Lake is there to dive.

I think I’ll be out for a couple of weeks and would dive every day.