Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Site Preservation/Research
lerpy - 5/18/2015 9:26 AM
Category: Videography
Replies: 2

Recently I have been asked to be part of a non-profit organization that is being developed to work on research of underwater sites. The goal of the organization is to photograph and video document historic or significant under water sites in and effort to bring the under water world to non-divers and to help continue to preserve dive sites for divers.

Our first project involves the Radeau in Lake George NY. Our team of divers will be doing extensive photographic and video work on this site, as well as research to get a better understanding of the history of the site, and then be able to provide it to the public through various resources.

If interested in this type of work you can visit the web-site discoverydeep.com/ as well if interested sponsor our project, even the smallest amount helps. Again this is a non-profit organization meant to help preserve underwater sites and history, and provide greater research and understanding of some of the significant sites that lay beneath.
Subscribed
lerpy - 5/19/2015 7:43 AM
I wasn’t out this past weekend with them, I will be on the dive on the June 12 weekend with them. It will be my first time on the Radeau, looking forward to it.