Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Scuba Wetsuit for Cave Diving
Rodrigo_Ramos - 7/04/2014 4:58 PM
Category: General
Replies: 5

Im planning on eventually getting the Cave Diving certifications and training and currently I’m looking for a new wetsuit.
Since I dont want to be buying equipment twice I want to get something that will suit me for both rec dives and future cave training. Any suggestions on the thickness (7mm?) and style (I heard Farmer John Style) to get?

Thank you so much for any constructive help.

Rod Ramos
Subscribed
btw2459 - 7/04/2014 8:44 PM
You don;t give us a lot of information to go on. where do you normally dive? If you’re diving normally in colder water (less than 70F) then i would suggest forgetting about the wetsuit and going directly to buying a drysuit.
Green_Achers - 7/08/2014 8:38 AM
I dove the DUI Test Day and it was a great intro into a cert I don’t have. The biggest problem is that you need to be rather aggressive in getting into the donning area and pushy about that your needs/likes are. It took us all day to test three suits.

With that said... do many cave divers use wet suits?
Subscribed
Rodrigo_Ramos - 7/14/2014 6:35 PM
I think I’ll get a Dive Skin for the warmer months here in Florida, than once things get cold Ill get a 7mm suit for springs/gulf (during coild months).

Also thanks for the on DUI Sry Suits, Im looking into them right now.

Rod