Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bahamas?
ScubaGirlKris - 4/15/2008 10:58 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 7

Hi everyone!

I want to take a dive trip to the Bahamas at an all inclusive resort. Does anyone have any referrals or suggestions? We’re looking to go the LAST week in October of 2008.

Kristine :)
Greg - 4/15/2008 2:44 PM
I visited Nassau not to long ago and stayed at the Hilton. It wasn’t an all-inclusive, but was really nice. Private beach that overlooks the cruise ship area and other island. I wouldn’t really suggest an all-inclusive as there are many unique places within easy walking distance or a cheap cab ride. We went to an indian place that was in an old house and the food was amazing! Have fun and good luck.
wpbdiver - 4/15/2008 9:49 PM
Sandal’s, no kids, pure adult fun. OK, not so pure!
rxatrix - 4/19/2008 5:39 AM
Riding Rock Inn, San Salvador, Bahamas. Good all inclusive rates, great diving...on a bad day vis can run 200’. Been there twice and looking to make it 3. Columbus must have been a diver, it’s where he first landed in the America’s.
Subscribed
ScubaGirlKris - 4/19/2008 8:12 PM
Wow! Everyone has been so helpful! Thank you!

Kristine :)
Dorkfish - 4/22/2008 3:06 AM
If you’re up to the trip, you could always go with Blackbeard’s out of Freeport, Grand Bahama (weather permitting since October is still hurricane season). Had a good time on ours, though the weather limited us to the Bimin chain.
h2ofria - 4/24/2008 11:15 AM
Aquatic Adventures out of Alexandrai Virginia has a trip planned in October at an All inclusive resort.

Check out their web site:
http://www.learn2dive.net/

An All Inclusive Week in Freeport Grand Bahama

October 11 - 18, 2008

8 day 7 night trip is an all inclusive package at the Viva Wyndham Fortuna Resort, and includes ten boat dives, all meals, beverages and snacks. The hotel has a 1200 foot white sand beach with a vast array of activities available, (windsurfing, snorkeling, kayaking, archery, tennis and golf just to name a few - an assortment that has something for everyone.

This is a great trip at only $1475.00 per person-double occupancy for the diver and $1145.00 pp-do for those who just want to snorkel.