Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

SeaLife Reefmaster Mini Dive Underwater Camera
indyandrea - 4/08/2008 9:07 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 7

I was wondering anyone has heard anything good or bad on the SeaLife Reefmaster Mini Dive Underwater Camera? I was thinking about getting one.
hoofpick - 4/08/2008 11:29 PM
I have some pictures that a friend of mine took with the mini that I could forward to you to see, if you would like to see the quality of picture that the mini can take.
rainmaker - 4/09/2008 9:28 AM
I bought one (actually, upagraded to the Mini) a few weeks ago. Haven’t gotten it wet yet, but have taken some photos around the house. At the present time, I’d rate it "satisfactory". There is no manual viewfinder, no way to turn off the LCD screen to conserve power, and no A/V port (can’t hook-up the camera to your TV to view your photos). Still-shots are okay, but haven’t been able to shoot any video that isn’t grainy. However, the camera seems very sturdy and well-made.
DalelynnSims - 4/09/2008 4:59 PM
if you are lookig for a UW Camera for Scuba . . . save your money, there are better ones out there
divemaiden - 4/09/2008 6:45 PM
I’ve got a mini. You’re not going to get professional quality shots underwater. Quality is comparable to film, except you don’t have to worry about x-rays like you do with film. I downloaded 2 pics to this site which I took with the mini. They’re better than I usually take with film, but not great.
indysurfer - 6/01/2008 5:51 PM
i have had one for 2 years know. given the cost of a really good camera, i think they are a great camera to start with and i highly recommend anyone who want to try one start with this type. they are very durable and realtively cheap. there is a lot to learn in the digital water world. i can count at least 10 others that have them and just kinda got out of taken photos, thankfully for them they didnt go all out. myself included. i still use mine but not like i used to. there is alot of extra work in carring on a dive, and you really need to pay VERY CLOSE ATTENTION TO YOU AIR SUPPLY. you will have a tendancy to chase after fish or even just getting excited make you burn unessary air. If you do go this route and decide to stick with the photo taking you can always upgrade and you wont lose that much value with yours old one.

hope that helps

thomas
indysurfer - 6/01/2008 5:52 PM
opps forgot to add. took the photo on the side here with mine.