Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

What are some cool games or activities to do underwater while scuba diving?
Greg - 7/09/2013 3:34 PM
Category: General
Replies: 6

What are some fun games to play or other cool activities that can be done underwater?

1. Underwater Poker Tournament (using waterproof playing cards)
  2. Underwater Treasure Hunt (dive around until you find hidden stuff, then win prizes)
  3. Geocaching (find stuff underwater using geo coordinates)
  4. In-water Beer Pong (create floating beer pong setup with large buckets and rope, toss stuff into the buckets and drink)...ok so you don’t need to be underwater to do this one, but it would still be fun!
Can you suggest others?
Eric_R - 7/09/2013 4:02 PM
Underwater Hockey. I played this when I got certified. We used modified sticks that were about the size of a ping pong paddle and in a Y shape. This is really a challenge in the deep end of a pool using snorkels.
Eric_R - 7/09/2013 5:47 PM
My local dive shop hosts a end of the dive season event called Trash and Treasure. One year it was like a scavenger hunt where you receive points for bringing up items on a list. Items on the list included the everyday stuff you find like cans, cups, bottles , and rarer stuff like fishing equipment. After making my dive and finding a few items I returned to the checkout table. When I dumped my goodie bag out on the table everyone gasped in horror as the cup I found rolled out to proudly display itself. Yes it was an athletic cup.LOL
Subscribed
ScubaSteve63 - 7/10/2013 7:37 AM
Find the eel in my wet suit.
LatitudeAdjustment - 7/10/2013 8:49 AM
Our LDS/dive club had a treasure hunt with chips hidden around the quarry, the LDS provided most of the prizes.

While not on scuba we did play u/w basketball with a water filled ball and a trashcan for the hoop, the defender would sit on the can until his breath ran out so timing was everything.
Subscribed
UWnewbee - 7/10/2013 1:33 PM
pumpkin carving (during the halloween season)