Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Suunto DM4
Scuba-Smurf - 8/04/2012 4:40 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

Hello!

Can anyone shed any light on how to effectively use the Suunto DM4 Dive Log? I’m no IT Einstein, but it’s not as easy and I can not find any online guide.

I use the Suunto Vyper which I love, but I can not figure out how to add info once the dive is imported, such as air mix, NITROX %, end BAR/PSI etc

Any help would be great :oD

Thanks
Subscribed
Scuba-Smurf - 8/04/2012 7:28 AM
Thanks, I use a MacBook which means I had no choice to change software as the 3.1.0 is not available... :o(

I’ll take a look and see what I can find out

Thanks again
Subscribed
Scuba-Smurf - 8/04/2012 1:38 PM
I have finally given up and have downloaded MacDive...

Although it sounds like something form McDonalds, its a great software for Mac! Can highly recommend if as an alternative to the DM4 if anyone has the same ongoing troubles I have had for the last 6months. Its costs $30 and is very easy to set up/import existing dives

Finally my log book is up to date and I can spend weeks and weeks plotting my GPS numbers for dive sites :oD
Subscribed
Greg - 8/16/2012 7:00 AM
Scuba-Smurf, I see you’ve tried the dive log section on DiveBuddy. Since you have dive log software for your dive computer, can you suggest an easier way to get your dive log data from the computer to your DiveBuddy profile? Does that software application allow you to export the data in XML or CSV format?
Subscribed
Scuba-Smurf - 8/16/2012 7:09 AM
Hi Hector, Thanks for the note. I have the software and have used it already, I just don’t know how to add information related to dive profiles such as Start BAR/PSI, end BAR/PSI and other info that should be recorded in logs. I have started using MacDive which is brilliant :oD