Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diver’s Log in the family
Eve - 5/31/2012 8:29 AM
Category: General
Replies: 5

Diving is in Greg’s blood, Greg’s Uncle passed away Nov, 1975, before he was born, my only, older brother. He was a Rescue Airman with the Air Force, he flew on many missions during the VietNam war, he passed away in a crash on a rescue mission in Alaska. Okay to the point of this story, I received all of his military papers and other items when he passed. I put them all away in a safe place to look at when I was ready. Well today I accidently came across the papers and decided to look at some of them. The first folder I pulled out on the front of read, "PARARESCUE DIVER"S LOG" , my brother, Greg’s uncle was a DIVER and I did not know this! He received his certification Feb 9th 1973, and I have his log. He reported to the Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Unit May 11 , 1973. How cool is that to know that Greg’s Uncle was a diver and his Dad is as well, it must be in the blood.
Subscribed
Eve - 5/31/2012 8:56 AM
You are correct Greg, that is what he did, I have a large picture of him coming out of the back of a large plane and heading to the water. Way back when the space capsules would land in the ocean, airmen would jump in the water and rescue the astronauts, that is what he did. I would rather you come get the folder and the picture.
Subscribed
Eve - 6/01/2012 6:33 AM
He was part of the Aerospace rescue group.
Smithsgold - 6/01/2012 7:54 AM
Cool Diving History in the family !!!!
jayman035 - 6/04/2012 3:50 PM
that sounds like a great job to have.