Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive gear.
JFKAE - 3/18/2011 11:38 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 16

Does anyone know any dive shops that wouldn’t mind selling items to an active duty Marine currently in Africa. I have a U.S. postal address which the dive shop can send the items too if they would be willing to send it. I’m looking for fair prices and it would be greatly apprecaited if anyone knows any sites. I’ve tried ordering a few items from Leisurepro.com and I’ve had some problems with some of the items I’ve purchased. I wouldn’t mind supporting a local shop.

Alex.
Subscribed
caves4me - 3/19/2011 7:11 AM
Hi Alex,

Try this outfit: www.scubastore.com

Good luck!
Barry
Subscribed
slippin2darknezz - 3/19/2011 8:48 AM

Hey Alex,

I use scubatoys.com and divegearexpress.com
Subscribed
Rich-D-Fish - 3/19/2011 6:56 PM
Hey Alex.

My adivce is buy local, and get great service when you come back to Canoga Park. Best shop in town imho is Hollywoodivers. Ask for any of the owners, Hal, Bill or Karim and tell them Rich from Divebuddy.com recomended their shop. I guarantee you will get very fair prices and the best quality gear around. And don’t forget to look me up for a dive when you get back state side!

Rich
Subscribed
Rich-D-Fish - 3/19/2011 6:57 PM
Oh...www.hollywoodivers.com But I would call them to talk about your order personally. Good luck.
Subscribed
JFKAE - 3/19/2011 7:55 PM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

@Rich, Yeah I’m headed home around July 13th. The 17-24th I’m headed on a cruise to Mexico for a week. I should be back for a few days after definitely would like to go diving except for my lack of gear lol. I only have fin’s and mask lol. It’s sort of funny since I’m doing my divemaster for Padi now but I’m borrowing gear from the instructor. I guess I need to buy some gear. Might be better to just wait until I get home to buy the gear so I don’t need to lug it around with me.

Alex
TColJeep - 3/20/2011 9:19 PM
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/21/2011 8:56 AM
From JFKAE:

I’ve tried ordering a few items from Leisurepro.com and I’ve had some problems with some of the items I’ve purchased.

Alex.

Surprised to hear that! About half my gear and a lot of my kids stuff came from LP and I never had any problems with LP or getting service from my LDS on the stuff from LP.
Subscribed
JFKAE - 3/21/2011 9:05 AM

I ordered a Scubapro Twinjet set of fins, They shipped them with a broken buckle on one of the fins. I emailed them to get a replacement and the strap they sent me was used looking and ALSO BROKEN! I emailed again and they said they’d inform me when they were shipping the strap again and I never got the confirmation email about a week and a half ago. I sent a follow up email 2 days ago and still nothing. I gave them props on the sending of the first replacement but after that it seems they just dropped me and don’t really care. I would have been perfectly fine if my strap the first time arrived good but it hasn’t and now I’m a bit steamed. =[

Alex
Subscribed
slippin2darknezz - 3/21/2011 10:03 AM
I have used LP a few times with no problems, I usually follow up my internet order with a phone call as I do with all on line vendors. I just make sure that whoever I order from is an authorized dealer to avoid any conflicts with warranties and that the items have not been discontinued or no loger supported. Which I have found LP to have such items.
Subscribed
Dusty - 3/21/2011 8:11 PM
scubatoys.com really good folks 2 deal with. If there is any problems they handle it. forcefins.com check out their fins.
Subscribed
AAofMI01 - 3/23/2011 4:01 PM

Hi Alex,

Check out my dive shop at www.aquaticadventuresofmi.com. We have several product lines to choose from. Right now, Oceanic has a nice cold water package for $999.95.

NEO CDX-5 Regulator
Alpha 8 Octo
Cruz Buoyancy Compensator
Veo 1.0 Personal Dive Computer (2-gauge Combo)

Let me know if know if you have any questions..drop me a line at kimparker@aquaticadventuresofmi.com

Dive long & prosper,

Kim
Aquatic Adventures of MI
Subscribed
diverdown53 - 3/27/2011 6:51 PM
Hi Jake-I run an online store :::: www.kirkscubagear.com and ship anywherelet me know if I can be of help!!! My products are shipped from the States!!!

Kathy

www.kirkscubagear.com
Easydiver2 - 4/06/2011 12:58 AM

I’ve use LeisurePro for 10yrs now average once a year purchases that range from cheap onsale Mares Avanti Superchannel Fins for $49 with free shipping to me in Honolulu to a Henderson 3mm fullsuit. All new and no defects. I did buy a Oceanic Chute BCD from them 10 years ago but I knew it wasn’t going to be warranty’ed since Oceanic was against internet mail orders in the old days. The Chute BCD was fine, I had to buy the weight pockets as an option so the real cheap price fooled me but the total price I paid still was less than $300. Sorry to hear you’re having problems but don’t give up on any store that you’ve bought from, just remember to ask nicely for help to get your problem with the purchase resolved. I’ve had 3 fullsuits send to me first for fitting and had no problem returning the two that didn’t fit me well.

Good Luck Alex. 
Easydiver2 - 4/06/2011 1:01 AM

Try www.onlinescuba.com

They are located in Las Vegas, I’ve been to their wharehouse and met the staff. Good prices and prompt delivery.

Charlie

Subscribed
Pixel - 5/10/2011 10:49 AM
Talk about late replies.....

I know it’s too late now, but for future divers...when in Africa, order from Africa.

We have local dive shops/companies that can ship stuff to you and it won’t be as expensive as getting it from your own country, as Africa (South Africa definitely) has a tendency to charge import duty. And you may even get it faster. ;)
Subscribed
1SGScuba - 7/19/2011 4:31 PM

Alex,

I’m stationed in Korea and also have an APO address. I’ve purchased from both leisurepro.com and scubapro.com. Both were able to ship to my address, but leisurepro was much faster.