Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

U.S.I.A. Dry suit
Poseidon - 7/08/2010 7:37 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

Just dropped 2k on one of these dry suits.. Had never heard of the company until I went into one of the local shops.. Was just curious if anyone has used one of these suits, or knows someone who has one.
UWnewbee - 7/08/2010 10:09 AM
hey robert,, i just got a usia drysuit,, tried it on ,,fits good,, havent been in the water with it yet
Subscribed
Poseidon - 7/08/2010 12:56 PM
yeah, it will be about three weeks till I get it.. I am dying to use it.. been last week and this past weekend and these 15 to 20’ thermals are killing me and my 3 mil suit. 
Subscribed
scubaclay - 7/08/2010 3:13 PM

Haven’t seen their newer suits, but rep is good. Best of luck with your new toy. I have 3 suits, 1 Andys, 1 Bear, and a Whites. Love all three of them.

Clay
UWnewbee - 7/08/2010 10:01 PM
From Poseidon: yeah, it will be about three weeks till I get it.. I am dying to use it.. been last week and this past weekend and these 15 to 20’ thermals are killing me and my 3 mil suit.
Yeah i know the feeling,, 32 lbs on the belt and 2lbs on each ankle, with a 7mm 2 pc suit, my knees dont like it no more, just gotta takr the drysuit course now,, its killin me sittin there lookin at the suit outta the water
Subscribed
TTDIVER - 7/18/2010 10:26 AM

Hey Guys,

I really like my USIA Dry Suit now that it is a dry suit. When I pool tested it there were two leaks. One at each valve where it is glued to the suit.

The best way to test is to get in the pool with your suit on then close the exhaust valve fill the suit with air like a baloon. then have a buddy roll you around looking for leaks.

enjoy your suits and stay dry and warm.