Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Roatan, June 18-July 7 anyone?
Peej - 6/15/2010 10:21 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 6

Anyone else going to be in Roatan when my daughter and I are there? Any have any Roatan tips? :) Thanks!
Subscribed
DC_Steve - 6/15/2010 3:41 PM
I’ll be in Roatan for a day (cruise stop). Probably diving through the ship-arranged excursion AKR. Not sure which day, prob. July 9. Scubaboard has lots of info on diveops. Look for the "Bay Islands" forum under Caribbean.
Greg - 6/15/2010 10:52 PM
Thanks dc Steve. For referring her to a different website:). Be sure to check out all the divesites on divebuddy. From there you can also contact members that have been to those divesites to find out more. Much better than just searching through forums on some "other" website.
badintexas - 6/16/2010 8:51 AM
Hey Steve, thanks for helping Pamela out! Greg is trying to be funny with his comment. Pamela, when you get back from your amazing trip, would you mind adding details abotu Roatan on the Dive Site section of DiveBuddy and maybe adding a blog about your trip? That will help others out when they’re planning their future vacations. Thanks so much and safe diving! 
Subscribed
DC_Steve - 6/18/2010 8:49 AM
From Greg: Thanks dc Steve. For referring her to a different website:). Be sure to check out all the divesites on divebuddy. From there you can also contact members that have been to those divesites to find out more. Much better than just searching through forums on some "other" website.

Ok. I didn’t know it was a competitive thing. Well, I just linked back to this site from a forum that one, so now we should be cool. And I mentioned how I found a local buddy on divebuddy, which is true.

Sorry to the OP. We were talking about Roatan. I’ll post my report when I return, but that may be too late for you this time around. Hope you have a good trip.

steve
Subscribed
SeaMonkey - 6/22/2010 9:54 PM
Yep, I’ll be there 3rd through the 10th, hooking up with Coconut Tree Divers. I’m staying there as well. Should be a blast. Let me know if you’d like to coordinate a dive or two. Cheers, Kevin
Subscribed
DiveGirl55 - 6/23/2010 4:57 PM

I was there Dec 2008. BEWARE the sandflies- they are remorseless. ORDER some asap: http://www.crazyscuba.com/pd-cactus.cfm

specificcally formulated to kill and repel these creatures unforeseen! LOVED Roatan, but will never go back due to these bites, that left scars forever!

Also, you are near a fault line and may feel ocassional earthquakes and aftershocks a lot. Not too worry though.

Have a great time!