Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Maldives Diving Anyone?
mdtG - 8/04/2009 1:42 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 8

I was given a warning by the site’s Fuzz not to use this forum as an advertising board, but to use it for generating interest about the Maldives and our company. We are sorry for our initial approach... and, we would like to know if there is any curiosity or questions regarding the Maldives and diving there that we could answer.

The Maldives usually receives a large amount of its tourists from Europe because of its proximity and the safety that you don’t find in other southeast Asia countries... But, we do know a great deal about traveling to and around the Maldives, even from the US where it usually isn’t spoken about, so please ask us anything you want to know about the Maldives, and we’ll try to respond as soon as we can.
Greg - 8/04/2009 5:51 PM
I’ve been called many things...but never "Fuzz" :) Thanks for offering to help answer questions about the Maldives.
steelheadfish - 8/07/2009 11:39 AM
i bet greg likes douuuunnnuutttss to!!! fuzz man! funny i like it!
madlobster - 8/11/2009 1:27 PM
It stays prominently on my screen saver and probably #1 on my "Bucket List" of places I what to dive. The bigest obstacle other than time and distance is my wife doesn’t dive so i don’t thnk there is much else for her to do. Am I wrong?
Subscribed
mdtG - 8/11/2009 5:48 PM
From madlobster: The bigest obstacle other than time and distance is my wife doesn’t dive so i don’t thnk there is much else for her to do. Am I wrong?

Well i must agree with you that from the US, the distance to the Maldives is enormous, and takes endless hours of flying. However, there are loads of things to do besides diving! Granted I would try to upsell packages through maldivesdivetravel.com, but they wouldn’t have what you’re looking for... I think for your wife’s consideration, the best thing you could do is book a stay at a resort. Most of them offer pretty good diving packages (not nearly as good as the ones we have) and have spas, pools, endless white sandy beaches, all-inclusive bars, a list of watersports, and island excursions to Male(the capital) or other surrounding secluded islands. And, the new resorts have such awesome rooms theres no reason to even leave...

Hope it helps getting you there sooner!
Linda - 8/12/2009 9:10 PM
I might be taking a group there in 2011... if you’re at DEMA, I’ll stop by your booth to chat.
Subscribed
mdtG - 8/13/2009 10:45 AM
You know we haven’t ever been on display there... its not a bad idea... I’ll get back to you when i know more.
honors - 9/02/2009 10:32 PM
I’ll most likely be working in India some time in November. Planning to stop in Maldives on my way home to the USA. Will post again once I know more specific dates for additional information!

Thanks!!
Subscribed
mdtG - 9/02/2009 11:38 PM
Glad to hear it!

On the topic of getting more info, if you want to do some more research into diving the Maldives, check out this news site www.scubadivemaldives.com. They seem to cover a lot of information from resorts to liveaboards and the sea life.