Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Buddy for San Diego Dives
maestrog4 - 7/08/2009 12:37 AM
Category: General
Replies: 1

I am new (kind of) to the west coast and am looking to dive in San Diego as often as I can. I would normally dive by myself but am so unfamiliar with the area that I want to see if I can find a buddy that has logged dives of the coast that can team up with me for some exploratory dives. All of my diving has been in the Atlantic, Caribbean, and Gulf of Mexico. If anyone has some time on their hands and would like to dive in La Jolla or any other great spot, let me know. I am a teacher and have the summer off.
Rich-D-Fish - 7/08/2009 9:49 AM

Hey Matthew,

I don’t get down to SD very often, only once a year to dive Wreck Alley. You are lucky to be close to that area. Don’t miss the Yukon and Ruby-E. But also don’t forget the great diving just an hour or two North of you. Laguna Beach is a fairly short drive. I know lots of SD folks who drive up every week to dive Laguna. And Catalina & the other Channel Islands always have viz usually twice or better than that of the mainland, with plenty of charters out of Long Beach, San Pedro and Ventura. Drop me a line if you’re up to coming this way.

Rich