Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Abaco Bahamas
ScubaShaun - 6/21/2009 11:21 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

:D I just got back from a week of diving in the Bahamas, What a great trip. Did a lot of reef dives where the depth ranged from 90’ to only 5’. Saw a lot of beautiful sea life and a few sharks. Cavern diving the reefs was a blast, the way the light plays through the reef into the darkness of the cavern is awesome. Got to dive a blue hole that was inland went down 135’, breaking my deep dive record by 30 feet. The halocline at about 60’ was too cool to explain and the size of the room was awesome. Also did some cave diving in Dan’s caves. I saw rooms that were huge and filled with so many natural formations that if the area was dry one would not be able to walk. If anyone is planning to go to the Bahamas let me strongly suggest going to Abaco. Call Tim at Abaco Dive Adventures. He is the greatest dive guide/charter captain I have ever met. The number is. (954) 681-4382 Or go to www.abacodivers.com
Triggerfish - 6/22/2009 3:48 PM
You Mean "130" feet right???????
Subscribed
ScubaShaun - 6/24/2009 12:42 AM
Yeah 135 feet.