After struggling with the MAKO 5407 compressor for the last three weeks, last friday I finally found what the hell was wrong with it. Turned out that a few small scratches in the first stage delivery pipe and the second stage suction pipe had a devistating effect on the pressure. The pipes might as well not have been there!
Now, a week and $740 later (1.5 ft of pipe.... $740... what a business) the compressor is up and running like new. (which it should, given the complete rebuild and servicing I performed on it)
So, after all the excitement settled and with oil residu still under my nails, I started the April IDC today. What a dive-versity of work comes with my job. I quite like it.
Bring it on!
Michel Wouterse, PADI CD-956249