Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Info on Curaco
wizact28 - 2/12/2009 3:10 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Hey Buddys

I’m looking to head down to Curacau the end of march to check out the Diving there. Any info on where to stay or where NOT to stay would be Great.

Thanks,

Chris ( wizact28 [ at ] aol.com
divemaiden - 2/12/2009 5:46 PM
I hear Lion’s Dive Resort is a great place to stay. Although I stayed at Breezes myself. The people at Lion’s Dive who were on the same dive excursions said they loved the place. And the charter excursions go right from Lion’s Dive, no extra travelling to get to the dive boat.
DalelynnSims - 2/13/2009 11:32 AM
Habitat Curaco was great and a nice house reef 
Nesher - 2/14/2009 12:07 PM

I was in Curacao for the 2007 Curacao Dive Festival. I stayed at Habitat Curacao and as previously mentioned they have a great house reef.

However I REALLY didn’t like the accomodations at all. I would try looking into either Lodge Kulanda on the West End.

There are also a couple of other places on the West End as well. The West End Apartments for one.

If you choose more upscale there is the Hilton (not very expensive on Curacao) which has a dive op on the premises Oceans Encounters.

There is a Marriot which is absolutely awesome and it’s next door to the Hilton. You can just walk over for the morning boat dives with Ocean Encouters

There is also an operation called the Scuba bus - which p/u’s divers all over the island and everyone goes shore diving or it can drop you off at another dive resort to dive.

For instance - You stay at Marriott or the brand new Renaissance Hotel and p/u the Scuba bus and dive at Habitat or the West End.

There is a new place which just opened called the Kontiki Beach and Dive Resort which has an interesting layout of a sea water stream that runs throughout the resort. You can swim it I hear.

I hope that helps you a little.

Nesher
AhmicAndy - 2/17/2009 8:29 AM

Hey folks, I’ve been to the Kura Hulanda resort on Curacao. It was a beautiful place and the shore dive off the dock was simply beautiful. Pascal and his wife at Ocean encounters runs a nice operation. The food was great and the diving was not that expensive. The only thing that would have made it better would have been the cost. Yes I realize it is a 5 star, but wow it seemed to expensive. At least for me. I give a two thumbs up.

Cheers

Andy