Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

The Caribbean is calling ,need help!
h2ofria - 12/09/2008 8:56 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 6

The dark northwest winters have finally gotten to me. I need to find a group dive trip to someplace warm and relaxing.

If you know of any group trips heading south in January, February, March or April 2009 please let me know.

Another option is if anyone is a single diver and also wants to make a trip we can join up and hopefully find a way to go diving.
OcalaJim - 12/10/2008 11:07 AM
A local dive shop here in Florida (it’s a friend of mine) has a trip to the Turks in April. Here is the website that has the details:

http://www.aquaticcenterocala.com/trips.html
Nesher - 12/10/2008 5:21 PM

Hey, I’m heading to Little Cayman Beach Resort w/a group from Northern California for a trip that has both a one and/or two week option.

I’m leaving 23 Jan for one week. Let me know if you’re interested I’ll place a call and see what we can do for you.

I know how you feel. I choose to go with these guys because I was tired of going on dive trips alone.

Additionally, they are all from my local area, so I said, "Why not?"

Nesher
Subscribed
h2ofria - 12/10/2008 5:35 PM

Thanks for the leads. I already have a trip to Little Cayman scheduled for next fall.

I have a rule that life is to short to dive the same place twice unless I have dove them all. So I will have to pass on Little Cayman.

The Turks trip looks pretty good, price is right so I am going to check it out some more.
ScubaPunk - 12/14/2008 4:32 AM
Singledivers.com has at least 1 trip every month. January they are doing a liveaboard in Grenada, February they are going to St. Croix, Fiji in March, The Keys and Belize in May. Check it out. I’ve been diving with them for 4 years. They are a great group.
Subscribed
h2ofria - 12/15/2008 11:53 AM
I have seen ads for SingleDivers but assumed it was for single, i.e. not married, divers. Since I am happily married and intend to stay that way I never visited the site.

Based on your recommendation I did take a look at the site and it actually is for all divers, married or single, who need a dive buddy.

I am having a problem getting registered with them. Either my computer or theirs does not like my responses to the "registration codes". I am working with them to find out just what the issue is. They have a Belize trip that I wold like to get involved.
Subscribed
h2ofria - 12/18/2008 7:37 PM
My thanks to everyone who responded to this post. After much research I decided to go on the Belize trip with singlediver.com.