Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Buddy Wanted - Upstate New York
Labs4858 - 4/15/2023 4:27 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 2

Looking for a buddy/buddies/an organization/a club/etc for diving in upstate New York. Located near Syracuse and have accommodations & a boat at Alexandria bay. Looking to dive pretty much every day that the weather allows during spring/summer/some fall, so I figured I would need to find a few different buddies and join some outings as well. I grew up here but moved away for 10 years and just moved back so I don’t know anyone, which is my main roadblock.

Currently an experienced open water diver, taking AOW in June, and looking to get into technical diving. My current plans are to get rebreather certified at the end of the year with a contact in FL with the end goal to be taking trips to dive caves in FL within the next few years. I’d also like to do trimix certifications in the near future. At the moment this season I’m just looking to get in a lot of open water/AOW/wreck dives up to the recreational limit (within my certification level at the time of course,) with the plan to get more technical at the end of the year and into next year.
Subscribed
GV - 4/28/2023 11:44 AM
I am looking to do a road trip to Florida in the next month or so. We can be in some caverns in month if you are up for the trip. I typically like Blur Grotto and Ginnie Springs.
Subscribed
mattout142 - 7/09/2023 6:18 PM
Im interested in diving