Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Buddies in Monterey area
dive1bb - 12/05/2018 5:35 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 7

Hello! I’m a relatively new diver looking for buddies in and around the Monterey area. I’ve done shore dives at Breakwater and a boat dive with Beach Hopper II to Eric’s pinnacle and Octopus reef. I would like to go diving more. Hope this is a great way to do that!
Subscribed
dive1bb - 12/07/2018 6:21 PM
From mhdiver: Contact Hawkeye54 on dive buddy. He lives in Monterey, has a boat, is an instructor, great guy. Dives multiple times a week. You won’t be disappointed!

Awesome! I’ll reach out to Hawkeye. Thank you for the tip :)
Subscribed
dive1bb - 12/07/2018 6:21 PM
From Jamesvp: If you’re free the first week of January, I’d be up to dive with you! I’m actually a Boston diver, but I’m visiting Monterey just after the new year and would love a dive buddy.

I’m from the North East, too! Spent a lot of time in Boston. Born and raised just outside of NYC. It would be great to meet up with you the first week of January. I’ll send you a message!
Subscribed
NickBee - 12/10/2018 3:16 PM
With enough notice, i would be happy to do a boat dive with you!
Subscribed
biguglyscott - 12/30/2018 2:08 PM
Greetings!
My name’s Scott. I’m a science teacher, and I have something around 150 dives, most of them in Monterey. I’m a safe and cautious diver.
I’m on winter break right now, and I’d kind of like to get a dive or two in this Saturday, January 5.
In the past, I’ve driven down there (I live in San Leandro, just south of Oakland), rented 2 tanks from
Bamboo Reef Monterey, done a dive, then a surface interval, then a second dive, then returned the
tanks. I usually find that I can make it to Monterey by about 10am or so, and be on the road home by maybe 4 or 5pm.
Obviously, I’m flexible. But I bet if you’re going to drive all the way to Monterey, you’d rather get two
dives than one, right? ;)
Let me know if you’re interested!
Scott
CaliDiver408 - 9/26/2019 12:34 PM
Hello,I live in San Jose and am available weekends if you want to dive Monterey