Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving with a Seabob... anybody have experience with this?
JeffKells - 5/21/2018 2:01 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

Hello!

I’m new to DiveBuddy, but not new to diving. Nice to meet everyone, and see there are some real great folks on here!

I’m considering purchasing a Seabob, but can’t get over the hefty price tag: citimarinestore.com/en/seabobs-for-sale-prices/5024-...-for-sale-price.html

I’ve seen a lot of photos of scuba divers using the Seabob to get around, but was just wondering. Anybody have experience with this? Or is it possibly too much "equipment" to be lugged around?

Just wanted to see if anybody had any feedback on this? If it’s as cool as it looks, I’d be willing to fork over the money for one...

Thanks!
Eric_R - 5/21/2018 4:17 PM
I wonder where they get that speed rating from. I bet not dragging a fully geared diver. At least the shipping is free.LOL
They’re a few similar ones for way less.
theadventurejunkies.com/best-underwater-scooter/
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/22/2018 8:52 AM
They don’t show it being used with scuba. If you have ever been anchored to the bottom or on an anchor rode in a strong current you may have found it hard to breathe. If this is as fast as they say that might be a problem.

Might be useful on some of those long swims out to a shore dive, could even be your SMB as long as the carry down the beach isn’t too long.
Subscribed
Flbeachventures - 5/26/2018 11:53 AM
Dive buddy

Hello Jeff,

If you want to try out the Seabob prior to purchasing it to see if you like it, I rent them out.

My office is located in 17 S Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd at Beach Place in Ft. Lauderdale.

They are so much fun to use, once you have gone snorkel / diving with the seabob you will never go without one. I had participants from all age groups, Very easy to operate from 13-82 years old.

By the way folks, you can regulate the speed and depth on a Seabob, all models can go down to 130 feet, but the F5 is fully sufficient for diving purposes, the difference to the other models is battery life and power. The F5 is still good for up to three hrs of diving at the first and second power level if you can last that long.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Flbeachventures
MDW - 11/01/2018 10:29 AM
Yeah, I don’t think I would want to dive 8 mph. I already find that I miss seeing things when scootering 2 mph with a normal DPV. SeaBob seems like it would be the equivalent of taking the interstate acroos the country. You get there quick but won’t see anything along the way.