Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Buddy or Buddies Marathon Key / FL Keys 8/20 through 8/27
Kyle301 - 7/14/2017 10:09 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 5

Coming to Marathon Key for a week. 8/20/17 through 8/27/17. Would love to find a buddy or buddies to dive with that week. Probably going to rent a boat for a few days so I don’t mind if we dive from it or go out on a charter. I am open to any dive sites at any of the Keys but am staying in Marathon. My wife doesn’t dive so would prefer mostly AM dives. I am AOW with nitrox.

Thanks,

Kyle
Subscribed
FtMyersTom - 7/15/2017 1:07 PM
Kyle,
First no promises, BUT I have only dove the thunderbolt 1X and have been wanting to go back. My wife will be back to work as a school teacher and I look for things to do. Second the weather this time of year can be very iffy with tropical systems. So lets see what plays out with that and go from there. I used and was happy with Tildens Scuba Center and Halls next door is very good also.
tildensscubacenter.com/
hallsdiving.com/

Email me if you want and we can keep in touch. I’ll be in Grand Cayman week of 7-22 so will see what’s up with the tropics after that. Even if a small storm passes off shore vis can drop to 10ft. I would come down the day before and stay overnight for an AM dive and hopefully both dives on the Thunderbolt. No matter have a good trip.

scubatom@gmx.com
Subscribed
mammothbuck - 7/16/2017 8:51 AM
If you rent a boat to dive, I don’t think you are allowed to leave about unattended as you dive. Pretty sure it’s against the law.
DiverfromBaskingRidge - 7/16/2017 10:05 AM
From mammothbuck: Pretty sure it’s against the law.

Although not recommended - I am fairly confident that this is not a law.

How would it be enforced?
Who would enforce it given the number of boaters... So if you have a bunch of swimmers on a boat - you are saying someone has to stay on the boat while everyone else goes swimming? I dont think so.....
Subscribed
FtMyersTom - 7/16/2017 10:39 AM
Not illegal but not the best idea especially in rough water. Be sure to anchor good and use a diver down flag and you’re good to go. Personally I would have someone in the boat to be sure it was there when I got back.
Subscribed
Kyle301 - 7/17/2017 12:48 PM
Tom,

I’ll shoot you an email before the days end.

I should have been more detailed in my original post. My wife won’t dive but she will get on the boat! LOL