Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Ocean Inlet park- Boynton beach, FL- 7/3/17
Sik_z33 - 6/30/2017 1:53 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 3

Weather and conditions permitting I am planning a beach dive at ocean inlet park this coming Monday 7/3/17. I am planning on timing the low tide at 10:51 with a dive window from 10:30 to 11:30. The reef is about a 300 FT swim out, average depth 6-12 feet. I have all my gear and a dive flag. I will be going out solo if I can’t get a buddy but much rather perfer one! More info on the site can be found here sinkfloridasink.com/south-florida-dive-sites/south-fl...ton-beach-dive-site/.
LatitudeAdjustment - 7/01/2017 6:47 AM
Have you done this site before? It’s not listed either as the park or the inlet and this snowbird is always looking for spots during the winter.
LatitudeAdjustment - 7/01/2017 7:06 AM
I just added the dive site with the info from Sink or Swim. Why are you going for low tide, viz is usually better at high tide?
Subscribed
Sik_z33 - 7/07/2017 10:30 AM
Sorry I could not post before. You are correct viz is always better at high tide. On that day high tide was late in the afternoon so I timed the low tide for calmer waters. I ended up snorkeling the site and it was nice, average depths were about 8-10 feet. The artificial reef structures were full of fish, sergeant majors, grunts, ocean tangs, damsel fish, blennies- the usual florida sightings.