Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for dive buddy, Jenny Lake, Teton Park Wyoming, Sept 2017
mhdiver - 3/30/2017 11:30 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 1

Looking for a buddy for a Jenny Lake dive in Teton National Park. Family will be there after Labor Day and I’ve been granted a diving day. Is there anyone familiar with the lake that would be willing to join me? Conditions are not an issue - have close to 200 dives and have plenty of experience with cold, Iowa quarries.
FtMyersTom - 3/31/2017 12:37 PM
Back in my youth I did a lot of backpacking and rock climbing in the rockies, Grand Tetons was my favorite. With 10 years of trips to the rockies I packed 3/4 of that park.

One particular trip after coming back from 10 days and 50 miles I stopped on the shore of Jenny lake to rest. I took my boots off and put my feet in the water. After about 5 mins they were numb and good to finish the hike out. My point...doubt the water was 50 and that was July, but gin clear! I would guess still in the 40’s when you will be there.

If you get across to cascade canyon trail that’s where we headed up. Came out 10 days and 50 miles later where paintbrush canyon meets the Jenny lake loop. One on my best memories!