Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Im short and round and need some help choosing the correct size wetsuit and BCD
tcaqua - 3/20/2017 12:28 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

Im 5’ 6" tall and weigh 212lbs. I have a 41" waist and 49" chest. I’m a 49 year old male and I do home workouts and eat clean to stay healthy but those all you can eat Chinese buffets are the devil! ;)

When I try to find my size in all the size guides I don’t fit into any of them and I would appreciate any experience/advice you may have in this area.

Thank you.
ELLOCODIABLO - 3/20/2017 3:01 PM
Im 6ft 250 and have the same issue. Best fit ive found for me is a small company called tommy d sports out of clearwater fl. Have been using their suits for about 5 years now. 5/5 farmer john style is about 160$. BP/W will adjust to just about any size or configuration
JeffNColdWater - 3/20/2017 3:49 PM
If you are at a stable weight, I’d just have a custom one made if you dive a lot. You may be able to have a local shop or even a tailor modify on of the shelf wetsuit. As for a BC, you could always look at a backplate/harness setup. Those are supposed to be pretty adjustable.
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/20/2017 4:38 PM
On a trip to Bali a bunch from our group got custom fitted by

The finished suits looked good and the price was right.

Ditto on going with a Back Plate and Wing, perfect fit every time.
ScoobahJim - 4/07/2017 9:47 AM
I went to They hava an option to speak to a diver that can help you get the right size. They also offer a return policy in the event its the wrong size, and you’d like to try a different size. Sounds like where I will start my journey!