PADI Open Water SCUBA Instructors needed to teach teens and college students for summer diving and Marine Science programs in the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Bali, Fiji, and Mexico. Broadreach is a PADI 5-star facility and offers courses from Open Water through Divemaster.
Broadreach programs are limited to a max of 12 students per program and are led by a team of two instructors. Program instructors live and travel with students 24/7 for weeks at a time, so a high level of energy and enthusiasm is necessary along with strong leadership and communication skills. Our programs range from 12 to 31 days and can be mentally and physically challenging for students and instructors, so a positive attitude is key.
In addition to teaching SCUBA diving, instructors facilitate positive group dynamics, lead games and activities, participate in community service activities and assist with the course curriculum. Leaders are expected to be role models to students to encourage personal growth and promote leadership development.
Program placement is based upon background, experience, number of years working with Broadreach and additional certifications. Dive Instructors placed in the Caribbean will live aboard yachts and work alongside a skipper as a team to manage all aspects of successfully running a program on a yacht. Duties include assisting students with cooking and cleaning, helping with sailing and mooring, leading on-shore excursions, conducting leadership training, among other daily tasks.
• PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certification with active teaching status.
• Previous experience working with teens or young adults.
• Passionate about mentoring and motivating students and cultural learning.
• Success working in team settings.
• Good decision making skills, flexibility, and the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing environments while maintaining the safety and health of all students.
• Able to attend staff training in late May to early June.
• Experience working as a dive guide and a background in marine biology preferred.
• Wilderness First Responder (WFR) or willingness to obtain certification before programs begin strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of host country and cultural norms or a willingness to learn and passion to share this information with students ideal.
• Specialty teaching certifications or willingness to obtain some of the following: underwater naturalist, boat diver, peak performance buoyancy diver, AWARE-coral reef conservation, AWARE-fish identification, night diver, wreck diver, and deep diver.
To apply: please complete the initial application at