Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for Buddy for Curacao & Bonaire
Flukeman1 - 1/21/2017 8:07 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 5

Looking for a "buddy" off the Caribbean Princess Cruise... Feb 14...... in Curacao
Feb 17...... in Bonaire
Either or both.
Subscribed
FtMyersTom - 1/22/2017 9:55 AM
You don’t need a buddy for Curacao or Bonaire per say, contact either of these below and tell them when you want to dive. They will pick you up where you disembark and they will have more than enough people to dive with. These dive shops are both top notch and cater to cruise ship passengers. I personally recommend Ocean Encounters on Curacao.

oceanencounters.com/en/

thedivebus.com/

As for Bonaire I recommend Susan Porter IF she is on island.

bsdme.info/

This is a link off another post here but I don’t have a personal recommendation or google for any others dive shops that cater to cruise ships.

happysinglebonaire.com/
Subscribed
Flukeman1 - 1/22/2017 5:26 PM
Thank you so much...for your reply!!
Already checking into the info.
Thanks again,
Owen
Subscribed
FtMyersTom - 1/22/2017 8:17 PM
You are welcome!

Check with your cruise line to see if they will make the reservations for you. I’m not a cruiser but if I am not mistaken they do this as a service for their passengers. I know the dive bus specializes in this for cruise passengers but I have not used them. I heard a lot of good about the bus. I like Ocean Encounters because they are right on Mambo beach and are a top notch padi 5 star dive op in Curacao. You will see why I like to be on Mambo beach, leave some extra time after the dive if possible...I guarantee you like both. If you are moored at the mega pier you will be able to see your ship from the dive shop and beach. It’s a nice photo op as well as local scenery ;)

Have a good trip!
Subscribed
alonderick - 1/31/2017 9:29 PM
We used dive Friends Bonaire and were very happy with them. I’ve heard good things about Buddy Dive, but haven’t used them personally. I stayed on the island so I don’t know how cruise ships work, but contact the folks a Dive friends and I’m sure they can hook you up. I’d recommend their boat dives to Klein or if your shore diving the Hilma hooker is a great wreck dive, and Salt Pier, 1000 steps and Karpata are also good choices. Enjoy
Subscribed
Flukeman1 - 2/01/2017 8:27 AM
Thanks for your reply....
Actually...I have already signed up with "Dive Friends"!