Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Anyone ever dived with Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center?
Frankenfish - 1/15/2017 9:36 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

Will be in Nags Head NC this summer. Anyone ever dived with Roanoke Island Outfitters and Dive Center? Also looking for dive buddies in the June timeframe. Looking to make at least two dives HURON and CARL GERHARD.
divingbear - 1/17/2017 5:59 PM
Yes captain Mat is awesome and will do anything he can to get you out and on the best sites possible...good boat and super easy access in the marina... I highly recomend them.
Subscribed
Frankenfish - 1/17/2017 10:11 PM
Thanks! Not sure if I’ll be doing any boat diving. The plan is to do at least two beach entry dives.
divingbear - 1/18/2017 3:22 PM
I have dove the st shore dives when blown out, 4 years consecutively for a week each and on the boat 3x. Viz is normally brail diving and a few planks and maybe if your lucky a boiler. The boat dives when they do go out are worth it, the u85 and the Jackson are huge dives with lots of history, the Jackson especially... The advanced is a great dive as well but when I dove it the viz was less then 8’...
cwilson - 1/26/2017 9:43 AM
I live up in Richmond and have been wanting to dive in that area. Me and buddy could probably come down on a weekend.
Subscribed
richmonddiver - 6/11/2017 9:48 AM
I did a shore dive to the Triangle Wrecks with them last July. vis was about 10 feet, depth 15 feet and 100 yards offshore. It was a good dive. I dove specifically with Pam Landrum from Roanoke Island Outfitters. They are a good outfit and Pam is a good Instructor. If you are diving the mid-Atlantic, VA Beach and the outer banks are OK, but Morehead city is king.