Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Aruba suggestions ?
ScubaStewardess - 12/06/2016 2:40 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

No forum message.
Subscribed
bronxdiver - 12/15/2016 9:31 PM
For diving I use Unique water sports of Aruba, you can find them on trip advisor. They are located in the high rise section hotel area. Between the Hilton and RIU Hotel. Ive stayed at the Hilton when it was called Radisson and now i own a timeshare at the Divi Phoenix. All hotels in Aruba are top notch for thre most part you cant go wrong staying there and food all over is excellent. Aruba diving is decent, its no Bonaire. The Antillla is a must as in the Renaissance airplanes and the Jane C ship wreck. As for dive shops there are a good amount so picking one with positive reviews that is near your hotel is the key IMO. Its not worth using a shop located in downtown when ur staying in the high rise area. Traffic can be very bad at times and a long commute isnt worth it when there are dive shops every 3-4 hotels apart. The boat rides to the sites can be 35-45 minutes each way too.
Subscribed
mangoman1 - 12/21/2016 1:28 PM
I was there this past June and we made 8 dives with Mermaid Divers. scubadivers-aruba.com/dive_boat.html Their shop is located just inland from Eagle Beach, and their boat is in downtown Oranjestad. They pick you up & drop you off at your hotel. Great service and DMs!