Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

trucking diver wants more
bushwacker4u - 3/01/2007 11:57 AM
Category: Training
Replies: 2

I am a truck diver thats likes to dive when I can.but I only have open water cert and would like to go further, I have only dove 26-27 times (mostly by myself). the deepest is 85 ft in bahamas on shark awareness dive,and 81 ft blue hole Santa Rosa NM 4 times. (when you dive that wait a while to travel west on I-40 because you go from 5000ft at Santa Rosa to 7000ft at Clines Corner NM).however trucking is keeping me from advancing in diving so ,I am thinking to take next january off and concentrate on diving in florida hoping to get as far as master scuba diver or maybe even divemaster, is it possible? and does anybody have any suggestions on any shops around the key largo area that could help me with this and what courses I should get out of the way before then? or can one get it on a package deal and would that be the best way to go?
kcdiver - 3/01/2007 9:41 PM
It is great to hear that you want to continue your education and diving. I would start by taking your EFR class. For one it is required for divemaster and master scuba diver and 2 you will have the knowledge to help a fellow diver or person you may come across on the road that may need help.This can be taken at any time and is a great course during the winter months. As for dive shops i use south beach divers in miami. its only about an hour from key largo and have a friend that is an instructor there.send me an email and i`ll get you his name and number if you are interested. happy diving
TColJeep - 3/03/2007 9:12 PM
You can definately make master Divert and don`t think Dive Master is out of the question either. I dive with Ocean Divers when in Key Largo. Great shop and excellent people. They run 2 boats and go out at least once a day. www.oceandivers.com