Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Commercial scuba-diving
SmileWorld - 1/24/2016 2:18 PM
Category: Training
Replies: 5

I’m trying to get certified commercial divers .do anyone know which are the good scuba-diving Institute in south or close by south .i live in Georgia .One of my dive buddy was telling me that many scuba-diving institutes are not recognised .I did a google search but I would rather take people’s word then Institute word
Subscribed
caves4me - 1/24/2016 8:01 PM
Commercial SCUBA is pretty much a joke, due OSHA regulations, so I would say stay away from any outfit that promises you work in SCUBA!
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 1/25/2016 3:21 PM
Don’t do it. My kid spent a lot of money only to find out there were very few desirable jobs. It sounded really exciting and profitable but in the end - not so!
Subscribed
ChristopherBurgert - 1/26/2016 9:55 PM
I heard the same thing through some friends that got their commercial dive licence.
Subscribed
SeaWolf - 3/12/2016 10:16 PM
There are good commercial hardhat diving schools. The good ones usually assist with job placement. As far as "desireable" jobs, you have to work your way up, there is a pecking order in the field. If you love diving then don’t worry about it and stick it out. I’ve made plenty of great money from commercial diving. Pay your dues and the rewards will come.
Subscribed
DivemasterInternship - 9/29/2018 4:01 AM
Commercial scuba-diving is not a bad job. But, getting your desirable job you just need to continue to sharpen your skills.