Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Great Barrier Reef information needed
tongben - 11/22/2014 8:17 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

Greetings,

I am traveling in the Australia and New Zealand area within the month of January. I am researching for dive resorts in Australia and another in New Zealand. I have never been in neither of these countries so I am open for all options. Basically I would like to dive as much as possible in a week at Great Barrier Reef area, and another week in New Zealand (any location).

I appreciate for any information in advance.
Ben
divelizard - 12/15/2014 9:13 AM
Coastal edge of GB Reef supposedly very worn and it’s best to dive from a live aboard coming in from the ocean side.
Subscribed
downunder1957 - 2/01/2015 6:46 PM
Best operator for the barrier reef is Mike Ball (scuba diving hall of fame alongside jacques cousteau) and the Best rate is thru Abyss scuba in Sydney (Padi best dive shop in the world 1st 2014 ) 61 2 95839662 or their website.They have a dive coming up with humbacks and the the usual stuff ,osprey reef and the cod hole of course.If you are ever in Sydney there are plenty of good diving spots all divemaster led and free
regards Peter b